For those of you who know me you must be aware that I absolutely love chicken and everything associated with it. This time, I share tacos al pastor with chicken. To get out of the typical grilled chicken and see that it can give a lot of flavor to our meals.
I used chicken breast because it is what I like the most and I wanted to prepare it in taquitos with onion, coriander, lemon, sauce, and chopped pineapple.
A cheaper and also delicious version would be with chicken thighs or legs, in the recipe notes I explain how to do it well.
Now that we are more at home because of the quarantine, we need recipes for this style. Here is the recipe for these delicious chicken tacos al pastor so you can see how easy it is to prepare and you can stay at home.
Chicken Tacos Al Pastor
Making tacos al pastor at home is very easy, these chicken tacos al pastor will take away your craving and you will not have to leave your house. They are delicious!
Servings : 4 servings
- 1 kg chicken breast in thick strips
- 4 guajillo peppers without seeds
- 2 wide chiles without seeds
- 1 chipotle chili in optional marinade
- 1 piece of onion
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the tail and the seeds from the peppers.
- Soak the chilies and onion in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the boiling water.
- Add the chilies to the blender along with the vinegar, garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves, pineapple juice, salt and pepper
- If you want it spicy, add marinated chipotle chili to taste.
- Cover the chicken or pork with the marinade and marinate 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- After time, remove the meat from the marinade and cook in a pan or grill until well cooked. If you don’t want to do it on the stove, you can bake or cook the chicken on the grill.
- Cut into smaller pieces.
- Serve in corn tortillas with coriander, onion, pineapple, lemon juice and sauce to taste.
Gringas: You could use this mixture to make pastor chicken gringas using flour tortillas and your favorite melting cheese.
Thighs, legs, or wings: This recipe is also delicious with the other pieces of chicken.
For convenience and speed in cooking, I like to use chicken breast since I cook it on the stove. If you use chicken thighs or legs the ideal would be to cook it in the oven at 200ºC until they are well cooked (35 to 45 minutes) or on the stove at medium temperature until the chicken is fully cooked (it will take much longer than chicken breasts ).
Also read our recipe of Quinoa with vegetables.
Leave a Reply