By making an all-purpose seasoning blend, you can tackle your sodium intake and save lots of money and time.
Have you ever heard about a homemade seasoning blend from your mother? I get this busy cook secret from my mother-in-law. Now, I love to have these spices blended in my kitchen cabinet.
Another advantage of the allure of spice mix is that you can save time and hassle measuring each recipe. Also, you can spice up your generic food like veggies and chicken.
The best approach to save time while seasoning your meals is to keep a nice all-purpose spice blend in your kitchen cabinet. This house seasoning mixture was developed to go well with just about anything.
This combination of all-purpose seasoning is ideal. It is great for adding to all of your favorite foods, including meat, veggies, and grains. This mixture is far superior to plain salt and black pepper. With very little effort, it really improves the flavor of your cuisine.
Consider the below recipe to get a peppery but not spicy mixture!
Why You Should Make Your Own House Seasoning Blend
Food is a pleasure. A feast for all the senses. However, when I see people around me. The kitchen in their houses has become monotonous and lifeless.
They do not know how to give it a magical and different touch. It is because they don’t even consider putting an all-purpose seasoning in our food.
They are used to cooking mechanically without daring to look for new flavors and aromas in the dishes that they prepare every day.
But what if we incorporated more spices and seasonings as chefs do?
Perhaps, there would be more smiles and mealtime would transform into a great feast for the senses.
I was watching the television a few months ago and there was this woman named Ximena, who was advocating for the use of spices in daily food.
She inspired me a lot and I thought why not use these spices? Trust me my food hasn’t been the same since. My husband loves eating at home so do my kids.
Ximena Sepúlveda, the creator of “Flavor with the sense”, is committed to spreading and teaching the importance of sensoriality and the need to rationally summon the senses through the spices that allow us to flavor our cuisine and advance, thus turning daily food into true art that also nourishes our body.
When talking about seasonings, she teachesthat All Purpose Seasoning Blend broad set that includes food additives like salt, vinegar, oils, and chemical flavorings.
This all-purpose seasoning blend can be used to improve the flavor of anything from salads to chicken, fish, pork, and potatoes.
Made with the ideal proportion of salt, spices, dried herbs, and sugar.
Meanwhile, spices, which incorporate aromatic herbs in their definition, would be certain parts of plants that are aromatic and can transmit this characteristic to food.
Using Your All Purpose Seasoning Blend
“The most important characteristic of spices are essential oils, responsible for their aromas and flavors that allow us to enhance food or mask what we are not interested in tasting,” says the self-taught Ximena Sepúlveda.
These spices have mainly antioxidant, antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial physiological activity. “Not using them means giving up the richness of the aromas and flavors in the food.
Some reasons to exclude them are allergic reactions or the irritating action of a few seasonings, but their contraindications are few, and not incorporating them because they are all irritating is a myth to demolish.
What is all purpose Seasoning made of?
Fresh or dry?
In the opinion of experts, determining what we use is fresh or dry depends on each spice. “Fresh products contain essential oils of better quality and therefore their flavoring action is better.
The drying process deteriorates the presence of essential oils.
How many seasonings and spices to use? Ximena Sepúlveda responds that there are no limits or antagonistic spices and it depends on personal tastes.
The main thing is to achieve a mixture of balanced flavors that contains an aromatic amplitude that does not attack the palate, mask food, or cause unwanted reactions among its components.
For example, tarragon leaves are used alone but combined perfectly with fine herbs like parsley.
But, it is a rule that two improperly balanced condiments should never go together. If sage and mint are used in a lamb, sage should be a tap next to the amount of mint.
Seasonings and spices
Seasoning and spice expert Ximena Sepúlveda says the perfect seasoning should provide contrast or aroma to the dish, but without overriding the actual flavor of the main ingredient.
While fresh aromatic herbs add more flavor and aroma to dishes. But, the excess is prohibited. Much, it is worse than nothing.
“Mild spices and herbs can be mixed successfully, each flavor can be savored, however subtle. It is important to weigh the intensity of the spices or aromatic herbs on a plate.
For example, one part of tarragon is for double ciboulette, and a sauce needs a higher concentration of flavor than a soup.
AJÍ AND PEPPER:
- They have sweet, fruity flavors and diverse aromas.
- Spices should be fresh, dehydrated, roasted, smoked, powdered, pickled, in concentrates, and in oils, to enhance the flavor.
- Also, used for pizzas and all kinds of dishes.
- In Chile, it is very popular and a main component of merken.
- Spicy, sweet, aromatic, enveloping aroma.
- Each palate rejects or accepts the flavor without middle terms, it must be a non-protagonist nuance.
- Sweet, fragrant taste.
- Its flavor is light, balanced, and refreshing.
- Traditional in pesto, and oriental cuisine.
- Combine with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Dishes of aubergines, peppers, potatoes, beans, squash, and vegetables in salads, pasta, rice, eggs, noodle sauce, soups, chicken, pork, beef, fish, liver, corn cake, and humitas.
- Companion of onions, garlic and chili peppers, lemon, olive oil, and tomatoes.
- It has a Spicy and smooth taste.
- Anise are used for jams, fish marinades, and pickled vegetables.
- Also in bread and liqueurs.
- Along with cloves and cinnamon, they are part of the curries.
- It is a bark with a characteristic warm and sugary flavor
- Used for sweet cooking in semolina, compotes, spiced wine, and in mixtures for salty preparations cooked in milk.
- Comino has a warm, spicy, and strong flavor that prevails over other flavors, and used in cooked dishes.
- It is part of the spice mix like garam masala and curries.
- In my country, it is essential for empanadas and stir-fries.
- Also in roasted or braised meats, cheeses, and couscous.
- In bread and some cakes.
- Its a mixture of spice masala used in Indian cuisine.
- Also, It comes in pasta and powder presentations and the ingredients are very varied in elements.
- Comino’s aroma is warm and sometimes sweet with a counterpoint to what is known as cumin, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Special for vegetable, meat, and fish stews. Or to flavor the rice.
- Low-intensity aroma, reminiscent of ginger, orange, and freshly sawn wood.
- Spicy flavor, somewhat bitter, spicy, similar to mustard.
- Used to paint rice and noodles.
- Also in chicken with curry; marinated fish and shrimp skewers. Indicated for fish and egg dishes and with rice.
- Clove penetrates with notes of pepper and is slightly astringent.
- Used in salty and sweet cuisine, such as meats, legumes, fruit salads, spicy bread, and sauces.
- Harmonizes with garlic, onion, bay leaf, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and pepper, among others.
- Use it sparingly.
- It Combines with roasted onion for savory dishes.
- Both the leaves and fruits are used for soups, and sauces and are especially suitable for fish.
- It combines very well with yogurt, sour cream, and eggs.
- Fruits for decoration for oils, kinds of vinegar, strong fish, and leaves soft ones.
- Ground seeds helps to season lentils and vegetables in general. Add freshly chopped cottage cheese.
- Its aroma is both warm and spicy, reminiscent of anise and a certain note of hay, harmonizing with a subtle flavor, but still penetrating.
- It flavors herbal kinds of vinegar and is the perfect mustard seasoning.
- It is an indispensable ingredient of the fine herbs and sauces representative of classic French cuisine.
- Used with eggs, rabbit, crab, lobster, scallops, leeks, asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, avocados, and mayonnaise.
- It is also suitable for soups based on duck chicken broth, liver, baked chicken or light stews.
- Excellent with intense flavor fish.
- Very strong, spicy, pleasant flavor although diluted in the preparations is very pleasant and aromatic.
- It is reminiscent of lemongrass and fresh flavor.
- Used as fresh (very fragrant) or dry (spicier) for candied fruits, in pastry, and canned fruits.
- Also with pumpkin and cucumber, rice; in soups, sauces, poultry, and chicken dishes.
- It also works well in chutneys, pickles, and curry mixes.
- Sweet, intense, velvety aroma.
- A rough and slightly bitter flavor that enhances flavors of other foods and condiments.
- Its flavor intensifies with drying.
- The quantity is important, more its flavor disappears, and a bitter and unpleasant taste is obtained on the palate.
- Use in meat dishes, milk desserts, casseroles, soups, white sauces, stews, fish, pickles, and broths.
- It flavors stews, marinades, sauces, pickles, marinades, legumes,s and vegetable stews.
- It goes very well with fish sauces.
- In taste, it can be sweet, spicy, and invasive with a taste of wood.
- Use grated or powdered in hot drinks, desserts, cooked fruits, cakes, and cupcakes.
- Also in salty sauces such as bechamel.
- Combine with dishes or sauces that contain milk or cream, spinach, potatoes and pumpkin, chicken, fish, and turkey as the main ingredient, but in a few pinches.
- Warm and intoxicating aroma.
- Its perfume is more pronounced when fresh.
- Fresh to flavor raw foods, cheeses, and salads.
- Dry for cooked meals.
- It Preserve both, sauces and meats. Fish are added at the end of cooking.
BLACK, WHITE, RED PEPPER:
- They are presentations of the same fruit as the pepper tree.
- The black gives an intense spicy flavor and it is used as the first seasoning to raise flavor.
- Strengthens the flavor without masking or changing it.
- The white one gives a more pungent flavor than the black one.
- Red pepper is somewhat softer and more fruity, but not without the spicy touch and can be preserved in brine or in vinegar.
- It has a rich aroma reminiscent of tea and pine.
- The sweet part of its aroma indicates that it acts on the metabolism of sugars in the body, supporting its regulation.
- Rosemary leaves are used in general, dried rosemary in cooked preparations, and fresh flowers in salads.
- It is special to accompany red meat, chicken, beef, or rabbit cooked on the grill, or baked.
- In soups, fish, and stews, and also in dishes based on potatoes and rustic pates.
- It Flavors olive oil and vinegar in fresh form.
- In addition, you can add milk, and custard, and make rosemary honey.
- It is a faithful companion to laurel, garlic, and thyme.
- Thyme reminds me of oregano.
- It is very aromatic, Spicy, warm, and has a dry flavor.
- Thyme preserves its flavor in slow-cooking dishes, facilitates digestion, and enhances the flavor in very fatty dishes.
- You can use fresh thyme in casseroles and cheeses.
- You can use dry thyme in general
- It combines well with stews, potatoes, eggs, sausages, pickles, soups, cheeses, roasted or fried vegetables, and all kinds of sauces.
- Thyme also flavors poultry and grilled meats.
- When its crushed, used to marinate meat and fish.
My recommendation to everyone is to use these unusual spices to add flavor to your meals.
With the help of these spices, you may manufacture all-purpose seasoning that you can use in all of your foods.
If you can manage to learn about these spices and their uses, I assure you that you can compete with a professional chef.
You can manufacture your own all-purpose seasoning mix fast and easily with a few simple components.
It’s easy to make and delicious.
Additionally, since your homemade mixture contains no strange ingredients, you’ll feel comfortable about using it.
Picking up a bottle of all-purpose seasoning mix and using it is simple. However, some of such mixtures contain unfavorable components. Weird ingredients you don’t want to consume.
And you shouldn’t have to consume those when you can manufacture your own seasoning mix at home so that you have more control over what you eat.