I could eat salmon every week. I love the taste and I have so many recipes with this ingredient that it makes my mouth water right now to see the photos again and share this delicious recipe that we made at home.
I had been wanting to make a crusted salmon for a while and it occurred to me last time, why not mix oatmeal and walnuts with a sweet-salty dressing using Dijon mustard and maple syrup.
Ok, how can I explain how RICH this recipe was! You know I love to cook and eat oatmeal. It is ideal to enjoy for breakfast, snacks, main course, desserts. It is an ingredient that is never lacking in our house.
SO lets learn how to mix this beautiful ingredient with Salmon so we can enjoy both of their benefits.
Salmon in Oatmeal & Walnut Crust
The richest crusted salmon you are going to try. It is prepared in minutes and its flavor is spectacular, you cannot stay without trying it!
Servings : 4 servings
- 4 small salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup raw rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnut or almonds
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Also read how to make quinoa with vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Mix oats, walnuts, Dijon mustard, maple syrup and parsley in a processor until crushed. If you do not have a processor, liquefy the oats a little and mix the chopped walnut with all the other ingredients of the crust.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Place in a baking pan. Top with the oatmeal and walnut crust.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until cooked through, the total time depends on the thickness and size of the fillets.
- Serve with lemon juice and your favorite garnish. We accompany with a turmeric cauliflower rice (we only brown the raw cauliflower minced with little butter and season with turmeric, salt and garlic powder).
Salmon – fish: If you don’t like it or don’t get it, change for a white fish fillet.
Honey: The ideal is maple syrup, not to use bee honey because it changes the flavor a lot.
Dijon Mustard: It gives that special flavor, but you can use yellow mustard too.
Walnut: Change for almonds, the same amount.
Parsley: Change for coriander
Spicy: Add dried tree chili flakes, adobo chipotle chili, or whatever you like to make it a spicy version.