Despite many cuisines claiming paternity for this dish, it seems that the original chicken cacciatore instant pot recipe was born in Tuscany. A timeless recipe that has the typical taste of home. It is a dish that restores, consoles, and above all that gives a feeling of well-being.
I can say with absolute certainty that the chicken cacciatore is exactly like the pizzaiola meat, they are therefore considered as the two highest institutions Italian popular cuisine.
For those who do not know this wonderful recipe, it is chicken cut into pieces, browned in a pan, and perfumed with the classic smells: with sprinkled onion, celery, and carrot.
Now I will come to the preparation of chicken cacciatore. As you all know there are many versions of this absolutely wonderful dish. I, therefore, thought of giving you my own version, the one that makes me feel just like at home.
Out of several methods of cooking this delicious recipe, My favorite one is definitely Chicken Cacciatore Instant Pot Recipe and I will be discussing this one with you.
Also read our recipe for instant pot cauliflower.
- 1.3 kg whole chicken
- Peeled tomatoes 400 g
- Golden onions 1
- Carrots 1
- Celery 1 rib
- Garlic 1 clove
- Red wine 100 g
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Rosemary 1 sprig
- 1 sprig chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Per Serving Information:
- 518 Calories per serving
- Power 518Kcal
- Carbohydrates 6.6g
- Protein 45.2g
- Fats 32.7g
- fibers 2.7g
- Cholesterol 210mg
- Sodium 687mg
If you like this recipe, then you can also check our recipe for grilling chicken thighs.
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 50 min
- Doses for: 4 people
- Cost: Medium
HOW TO PREPARE CHICKEN CACCIATORE
- To prepare the chicken cacciatore start by cutting the vegetables.
- After peeling the onion, peel the carrot, finally remove the tuft from the celery and chop everything until you get 2-3 mm cubes.
- Then move on to cleaning the chicken. Cut it into pieces, separating the thighs, chest, and wings.
- At this point you have everything you need, move to the stove.
- In an instant pot turn on the the saute setting, heat a drop of oil, do not overdo it because the chicken skin will release a lot of fat.
- Turn on the heat and let it warm for a few moments, then pour the chicken pieces, always starting from the side of the skin.
- Leave to brown for about six minutes, turning over after a while.
- When the chicken is well colored add the chopped celery, carrot, and onion and then the peeled garlic clove.
- Then add salt, pepper, and rosemary mix and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the red wine and let the alcoholic part evaporate completely.
- Remove the rosemary and the garlic clove and then add the peeled tomatoes into small pieces.
- Mix everything together and cover with the lid, select the high-pressure setting on your instant pot and cook for 11 minutes.
- Remember that if the chicken is bigger then it will be necessary to increase the cooking a little more, vice versa if it is smaller.
- However, the chicken is considered ready as soon as the meat comes off the bones.
- Release the pressure as per the instructions of your device. The temperature should be 165 degrees.
- At the end of cooking, make sure it is right with salt and finally sprinkle with parsley.
- One last mix and your chicken cacciatore instant pot is ready,.
- Bon appetite!
If you are interested in pre workout snacks then read our article to know more about them.
The Cacciatore chicken can be kept for a couple of days in a refrigerator well covered with plastic wrap.
If you prefer you can freeze it once cooked if you have used very fresh ingredients.
During the summer, use fresh tomato sauce, during the rest of the year use the peeled tomatoes or tomato puree to obtain a more full-bodied sauce.
If you do not like parsley, you can omit it, if you want to give the recipe an extra gear, replace it with marjoram leaves.
In addition to rosemary, you can add 1 sprig of sage.
Now that you have learned that Chicken Cacciatore Instant Pot Recipe is not that difficult to follow so i think you can easily go and prepare it for yourself. Enjoy