Lobster meat is very fine, consistent, white, and delicate, so the best recipe for this food is one that preserves the taste of the sea i.e butter-poached lobster. It will provide you with the real taste of seafood.
This delicious food should not be hidden behind sauces and refried. The ideal is to enjoy the flavor of the lobster by cooking it in the most natural way possible.
For this dish, You can take canned lobster meat from the supermarket but it won’t be as delicious as using a fresh lobster.
But most people avoid doing that because getting the meat out of a lobster seems like a very difficult task. But trust me it is not as complicated as you think. I can teach you how to do that in very simple steps.
How to get the meat out of a lobster:
Lobster is an invertebrate decapod crustacean that can occasionally be part of our recipes, it is one of the most appreciated seafood for the characteristics of its meat.
Its price is high, that’s why the occasional consumption, but there are areas in our country, such as Galicia or Menorca, where this seafood is basic to their traditional recipes.
But the question for which we speak of this crustacean is the one we mentioned in the heading, how to get the meat out of a lobster, so we can make butter-poached lobster.
- First, you have to separate the head from the body, then open the exoskeleton without damaging the precious meat, for this, you have to break it and just use your hand with a little force, and then open at the abdomen.
- It is also convenient to remove the intestinal cord as in prawns, prawns, and others.
- To continue, the front legs and calipers are separated, and in turn, these are separated by the joints.
- The seafood fork will go very well to remove the meat from the inside, including the handle of any cutlery.
- Depending on the parts of the lobster’s legs, you only have to push the meat from one end so that it comes out the other.
- Some thinner parts where the cutlery does not fit, you can use a skewer stick. The clamps must be broken with one blow, and thus the entire piece can be removed.
Removing meat from a lobster to cook butter-poached lobster is very easy, and taking advantage of even the finest legs, the trick of the roller to press them is great, right?
Why should you eat Butter poached Lobster:
1. Heart Health: While lobster has a considerable amount of sodium, which can affect heart health in a negative way, other beneficial fats found in lobsters can do a lot to prevent inflammation and atherosclerosis.
If you have existing heart problems, you should probably avoid it, but the high concentration of omega-3s and omega-6s found in lobster can actually help balance cholesterol in moderate amounts.
2. Cognition: There are a number of unique minerals and vitamins that are found in high amounts in locusts, including an important B vitamin, vitamin B12, which is directly related to maintaining the integrity of the nerves and making your system nervous work properly.
Furthermore, lobster is a very good source of choline, another water-soluble nutrient that can increase your production of neurotransmitters. This can increase brain function and efficiency, and even ward off the effects of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Also Like Best Restaurants in London
3. Energy levels: One of the best things about this underwater delicacy is the high protein content that can be found inside that delicious meat.
Protein is an essential part of our diet, as it can give us an energy boost. While protein content is required in our diet for growth and repair, any unused content is stored for use as energy.
If you already have a high protein diet, then a weekly dose of lobsters will give you more energy for work and pleasure.
4. Growth and repair: As mentioned above, lobster is a rich source of protein, which is the fundamental building block of our bodies. By increasing protein intake, they are able to build new cells, repair damaged tissues, strengthen bones, and generally ensure that all of our organs and systems function effectively.
How to Make Butter Poached Lobster
Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 people
1 large lobster tail, or 2 small ones, at room temperature.
2 cups cold butter, or enough to cover the lobsters entirely in a small saucepan.
I used to think that poaching the lobster in butter was a waste of butter since the difference between making it like that and boiling was almost undetectable. The truth is that I was doing everything wrong.
Then I learned the technique they use in the “French Laundry” and everything changed completely. There is no lobster richer and more delicate than one that is well poached in butter.
- For this technique of butter-poached lobster, you have to do what is known as beurre monté, or mounted butter. It’s about making an emulsion with the butter, and the process couldn’t be easier.
- If the butter you are using is a stick, chop it into several pieces and store it in the freezer. If it is a cup, store it in the freezer and when you are going to use it, separate the pieces with the help of a spoon.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of water in a small saucepan (large enough to fit the tails). Bring the water to a boil. It is going to shrink quickly.
- If it all evaporates, don’t worry, just add a little more water. When it has started to boil, and it has been reduced to about a tablespoon, lower the heat to low and add a small piece of cold butter, while whisking vigorously with a kitchen mixer.
- When it has melted, add one more, continuing to beat at any time. Continue, adding the butter as it melts. You should have a yellow airy mixture.
- When you have added all the butter, add the lobster tails. If you have a thermometer, make sure the temperature is between 160 and 180.
- If not, just make sure the heat is low. Maybe you think they have to be hotter and you’re tempted to turn up the heat. Do not do it.
- The cooking time varies depending on the size of the tails and the temperature of the butter, but it is approximately between 5 and 10 minutes.
- When they are ready, remove them from the pot. You can use that sauce on the lobsters as is, or you can add a little lemon while whisking with energy for a minute. On this occasion, I leave the sauce intact and add some lemon supreme (bits) to the sides.
Now that you have learned how to make butter poached lobster, pick up your cooking gear and make it for yourself.